Applications now open for the Cory Community Fund
Cory is now accepting applications to its 2023 Community Fund, which provides grants for groups which have a positive impact on their local communities.
Grants of up to £7,500 are available, and funding will be distributed in 2023 and 2024.
The aim of the Community Fund is to support groups and projects that play a role in strengthening local communities, with a particular focus on activities that support Cory’s wider goals of:
- Enhancing the local environment
- Preventing waste and growing the reuse economy
- Enhancing science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics skills
- Supporting employability skills and helping people to access education
- Increasing engagement with the River Thames
- Impacting on people in the community in other meaningful ways
Grants are available to groups based in the boroughs in which Cory operates: Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, City of London, Gravesham, Greenwich, Lambeth, Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Thurrock, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth, and Westminster.
Last year, the Community Fund supported a range of projects including:
- The Isle of Dogs Sea Cadets – funds from Cory supported summer classes in dinghying, canoeing and windsurfing.
- The Re-Use Partnership – a Thurrock-based charity which promotes reuse and offers pre-owned furniture and household items for sale at affordable prices.
- Groundwork – funds supported the REWORK refurbish and reuse project based in Wandsworth, where white good are repaired by trainees re-entering the workplace.
- The Ahoy Centre – a river-based charity which provides education opportunities for the community through sailing, rowing and other water sports.
Applications are open until 1 December 2023. Further information and the application form can be found here.