Meet our employees in our latest video
We’re thrilled to share the third and final instalment in our series of videos taking you inside Cory Riverside Energy.
Our employees are the core of our business. Without their collective experience, endeavour and dedication we would not be one of the UK’s leading resource management, recycling, and energy recovery companies.
From our first female crane driver, to our operators and our tug masters. These are the people that help shape our business, ensuring that we continue to process over 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year.
We’re an exceptional business, because our people are exceptional. Watch the video below to see this first-hand.
For further information, please contact:
Andy Rivett-Carnac, Henry Wallers, Caroline Dobbin
+44 (0)20 3805 4822
Notes to editors:
- Cory Riverside Energy is one of the UK’s leading resource management, recycling, and energy recovery companies.
- Riverside is the largest operating Energy from Waste facility in the United Kingdom, with a unique river-based infrastructure on the Thames for delivering waste.
- Cory Riverside Energy is currently majority owned by funds advised or managed by Strategic Value Partners LLC or its affiliates.
- The existing shareholders have been in place since 2015, and since then have overseen a major restructuring programme, with three of Cory Group’s four business lines sold:
- June 2016: Sale of Cory Group’s municipal collection business, Cory Environmental Municipal Services Ltd, to Biffa Waste Services Ltd.
- July 2016: Sale of Cory Group’s national waste brokerage (“Brokerage”) businesses to Reconomy. Brokerage comprised UK Nationwide Skip Hire Limited, trading as Skippy Nationwide, Skips @ Home Limited, trading as Skip Hire UK, and Cory Environmental Recycling Services Limited.
- January 2017: Sale of Cory Group’s landfill sites and associated landfill gas operations, across 14 locations in the UK, to Armour Group Holdings Ltd.
- 2016 was a record year for Cory Riverside Energy, which has had an exceptionally strong operational track record, operating at its full permitted capacity since day one.
- Other highlights include:
- 528 GWh of baseload electricity generated;
- 753,000 tonnes of waste diverted from landfill;
- 100,000 truck journeys removed from London’s road every year thanks to our Thames river infrastructure;
- Equivalent of 160,000 homes powered;
- 230,000 tonnes of carbon saved by not sending waste to landfill;
- 200,000 tonnes of ash recycled as road aggregate;
- 10,000 tonnes of Air Pollution Control Residue recycled to create building blocks used in construction.
We’re an exceptional business, because our people are exceptional.